Virtual Lecture series – Coffee break… and learn!
Like this video? Go to our YouTube Channel for more!
In this video, Kristofer Davis shows how easy it is to run a geologically-constrained UBC-GIF inversion of potential-field data in Geoscience ANALYST Pro Geophysics.
In 15 minutes he shows how to:
- Load magnetic data, topography, and a block model from a geologic modelling package (GOCAD Mining Suite, Datamine, Leapfrog, etc.)
- Attribute with density values and forward model to test the initial geological model
- Set up the sensitivity and run an unconstrained inversion
- Run a constrained inversion using a reference model
- Run a constrained inversion using weights from geologic boundaries
Kristofer is a Scientific Programmer who completed his PhD in Geophysics at the Colorado School of Mines. At UBC he worked on several advanced problems in geophysical inversion, focusing on development of software workflows to support constrained geophysical inversion. His industry and academic background provide the ideal experience to continue development of our VP Suite products, GIFtools, and our other geophysical tools and workflows. Kristofer is based in Vancouver.